Tuesday, June 12, 2012

American Idol's Vocal Coach - Debra Byrd

Check out this neat little interview with Debra Byrd, Vocal Coach on American Idol. Debra demonstrates her knowledge, experience and nurturing nature.




Debra discusses the importance of vocal health in a professional performance setting. Proper coaching, healthy singing technique and good habits are imperative when you are singing on a regular basis for long period of time. The enormous amount of preparation and performance required in a platform such as the American Idol competition is just one extreme example of this.

I posted this video because I just love Debra Byrd's demeanor. Her personality is so warm and nurturing and you can see how easy it is for singers to trust her. The hardest thing about being a vocal coach is gaining that trust. The voice is a fragile thing and singers should be careful when working with teachers. I constantly strive to learn more and more about my craft so that my knowledge and sincerity can allow my students to trust me as well.

Hope you enjoyed this little video. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment